This July Inspire Activity, the team behind of the Community Games, will be delivering their first ever Canal and River Trust Community Games.
The Canal & River Trust Community Games will differ from the model normally seen. This unique event will see sporting activities positioned in two separate hubs: one at Pope Bridge in Smethwick and the other alongside the canal by the Sea Life Centre in central Birmingham. The hubs are linked by a beautiful three mile stretch of canal that the public can enjoy as they travel between the two activity hubs.
We are excited to announce a photography competition to celebrate the Canal & River Trust Community Games.
The Canal River Trust and Inspire Activity are inviting amateur photographers to capture the unique beauty of the Birmingham Canal Navigations and the enjoyment they provide in Birmingham and the Black Country.
The aim of the competition, titled ‘Active Along the Canal’ is to encourage visitors to see, discover or refresh enjoyment of using the Birmingham Canal network.
Head down to the Canal and River Trust Community Games on 9th July and use the canal between our two activity hubs or take advantage of the beautiful Canal Network at another time. Whilst there, channel your inner photographer, get creative and take photos.
Simply post your photographs on social media using hashtag #CRTCGphoto and email entries to email@example.com to be in with a chance of winning fantastic prizes worth a total of £500 kindly donated by Wex Photo Video Birmingham.
The photos can show anything that is linked to Birmingham’s and the Black Country canals with enjoyment and activity being key themes.
The competition is open to all ages and closes on the 31st August 2022.
A panel of judges will review all entries and will select a winner.
1st prize: £350
2nd prize: £100
3rd prize: £50
If you’d like to enter the Inspire Activity ‘Active Along the Canal’ Photography Competition we recommend you read the following terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Inspire Activity, whose registered office is Suite 2, Sovereign House, Gate Lane, Boldmere, Sutton Coldfield, B73 5TT.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to enter
The closing date for entries is 11.59 am (BST) on September 2022. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Please either tag #CRTCGphoto send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Entries will be shortlisted by representatives from Inspire Activity and the winners determined by independent judges.
If your entry is successful we will contact you via email or social media.
At this stage we will need to collect:
- Your name and contact email address or that of a legal guardian if you’re under 18.
- The name you are happy to be made public if you are picked as a winner (e.g you may want us to use your first name and second name, first initial and surname only, initials only, or “Anonymous”).
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Inspire Activity those judging the competition or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- Entries must have been taken on or close to the Canal Network in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Coast of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- All images entered must be taken in 2022.
- The competition is open to all ages, however entrants under 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
- Images submitted must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won a prize in any other major photographic competition, or be entered into a major competition where the results are still pending.
- If you are licensed to take pictures or visit areas which might otherwise be unlawful you should say so, and we may ask to see the licence if your picture is shortlisted.
- The promoter is not responsible for entries that are sent via email and not received, and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry.
- Photos must be sent tagged #CRTCGphoto or emailed to email@example.com
Judging, notification and prizes
All valid entries made before the competition closing date will be judged as follows:
- Shortlisted photos will be chosen by representatives from Inspire Activity.
- The shortlisted photos will be scored by a panel of independent judges on the basis of a) originality and creativity b) execution c) evidence of the theme ‘active along the canal’ the entry with the highest score will be designated as the winner.
- Winners will be notified by email or social media within 11 working days of the closing of the competition.
- Winners must confirm acceptance of their prize within 7 days of being notified by Inspire Activity and must provide an email address for their prize to be sent to.
- If Inspire Activity does not receive confirmation of prize acceptance within 7 days it reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and select another prize-winner.
- The promoter’s decision in the respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced by Inspire Activity in September 2022.
- The prize is a family ticket (maximum of two adults and four children) to the Sea Life Center or Lego Discovery Centre.
- The prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and Inspire Activity reserves the right to substitute any prize with a reasonable alternative without giving notice.
Rights and ownership
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, and entrants must have full copyright for any images they submit.
- Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that:
- any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 18 and that they have been advised of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by Inspire Activity.
- any images submitted do not infringe on the copyright of any third parties, and to indemnify Inspire Activity against any claims made by third parties in the event of such an infringement.
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings featured in submitted images for the usage rights required by Inspire Activity and will indemnify Inspire Activity against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in their images that would conflict with uses to be made by Inspire Activity.
- Photographs entered in the competition must not promote brands or businesses other than Inspire Activity, Canal & River Trust and Community Games Activity Providers.
- Inspire Activity and any partners may use photographs entered into the competition to promote the competition and the work of Inspire Activity, including to exhibit photographs entered.
- When displaying images online or in print Inspire Activity will always credit the photographer with their supplied name unless asked not to.
- There is no plan envisaged by Inspire Activity, or any of its partners or sponsors, to create a general commercial library of the images entered into this competition.
- Prize winners may be required to take part in publicity and their winning entry may be published on the Inspire Activity website and social media channels as well as the wider media reporting on the competition.
Data Protection and Privacy
Contact details will be kept on file for the purposed of this competition only and will be deleted from all records on conclusion of the competition and its promotion. You have the right ti request test details are deleted at any time.
- The winners agree to the use of their supplied name and image in any publicity material in relation to the competition.
- Inspire Activity will share the winners’ supplied postal addresses with prize sponsors for the sole purpose of delivering the prizes.
- Personal data supplied by entrants, other than winners, will be deleted no later than three years after the end of the competition. The personal data of shortlisted winners will be kept to enable the photos to be used to promote future competitions, and to give appropriate credit, and also for historical record keeping where appropriate.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any event outside of the promoter’s control.